* The Gamesroom -Our games room is nestled in the boathouse on the beach. Come down to play a game of 'Ping-Pong, challenge someone in a 'game of Pool', or borrow a board game for a night of fun and games, or simply grab a book or magazine from the book shelf to curl up and read for the evening.
· The Boathouse- take a romantic walk down to the beach, and find a spot on the dock in front of the boathouse to watch the sunset or listen to the loons by the tranquility of
**FYI- For your safety; There is a private workshop in right half of the boathouse that we use for fixing boats, and for general repairs that is private, and is a restricted area to guests due to the various tools, nails, and lawn care equipment that are kept there. There is a sign that shows this designated area as restricted and private. **
· The Campfire pits- We have 2 campfire pits at the Matabanick. Both by the lake-side. Come down to enjoy a night of marshmallow roasting, and friendly conversation around the campfire. All children MUST be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times around the campfire. No burning before 8:30PM.
Please note that fireworks are NOT permitted on our property- except Canada Day weekend- and only with permission from the owner and lengthy notice so that other guests can be informed. Fireworks are only permitted to be lit by an adult who is following the directions on each firework, and only at the campfire pit area using proper safety precautions.
Please take all items brought to the campfire pit area back to your cottage at the end of your evening here. (i.e. matches, lighters, cups, wrappers, food, bottles, garbage)
· The Sauna- The sauna is located in the shower-house beside the lodge. It is for adult use only. Please see owner for key to access this locked facility. Simply turn up the heat, and enjoy this luxurious amenity.
* The Beach- Our prime beach front is one of the largest on the lake. It boasts a soft sandy entrance from the beachfront right into the water; there are is no seaweed or rocks to climb over or slip on when getting into the water from the beach- just beautiful sand for over 700 metres off shore. It it perfectly situated to receive both morning and evening sunshine. It is safe, sandy and perfect for children to build sandcastles and run into the water to paddle around in, and swim. We have lots of sand toys and toy trucks for playing in the sand. All guests who borrow beach toys must kindly return them to the supplied beach toy box at the end of each day.
All children MUST be accompanied and supervised by their parents at all times anywhere on the property, but especially on the beach, and anywhere near the water. There is no Lifeguard.