UPDATE: GAMESROOM AND BOATHOUSE ARE CLOSED SUMMER 202O DUE TO COVID 19- will be reviewed for summer 2021
CLOSED SUMMER 2020 The Gamesroom -Our games room is nestled in the boathouse on the beach. Come down to play a game of 'Ping-Pong, challenge someone in a 'game of Pool', or borrow a board game for a night of fun and games, or simply grab a book or magazine from the book shelf to curl up and read for the evening.
· CLOSED SUMMER 2020 The Boathouse- take a romantic walk down to the beach, and find a spot on the dock in front of the boathouse to watch the sunset or listen to the loons by the tranquility of
**FYI- For your safety; There is a private workshop in right half of the boathouse that we use for fixing boats, and for general repairs that is private, and is a restricted area to guests due to the various tools, nails, and lawn care equipment that are kept there. There is a sign that shows this designated area as restricted and private. **
· SUMMER 2020 - PLEASE ENSURE CAMPFIRE IS SOCIALLY DISTANCED ,BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR, The Campfire pits- We have 2 campfire pits at the Matabanick. Both by the lake-side. Come down to enjoy a night of marshmallow roasting, and friendly conversation around the campfire. All children MUST be accompanied and supervised by a parent at all times around the campfire.
* Please note: some safety and by-laws regarding campfires
* As per burning by-laws- No burning before 8:30PM.
*Fireworks are NOT permitted on our property. AT ALL AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON
*Please use only plastic cups around our campfire, no glass items.
Please take all items brought to the campfire pit area back to your cottage at the end of your evening here. (i.e. matches, lighters, cups, wrappers, food, bottles, garbage)
CLOSED SUMMER 2020 DUE TO COVID 19 REGULATIONS - under review for summer 2021
The Sauna- The sauna is located in the shower-house. It is for adult use only. Please see owner for key to access this locked facility. Simply turn up the heat, and enjoy this luxurious amenity.
* The Beach- Our prime beach front is one of the largest on the lake. It boasts a soft sandy entrance from the beachfront right into the water; there are is no seaweed or rocks to climb over or slip on when getting into the water from the beach- just beautiful sand for over 700 metres off shore. It it perfectly situated to receive both morning and evening sunshine. It is safe, sandy and perfect for children to build sandcastles and run into the water to paddle around in, and swim. PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT SHARE BEACH TOYS, AND DO NOT USE OR TOUCH ANYTHINGS THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU- AS PER COVID 19 REGULATIONS. THIS YEAR THERE WILL NOT BE A RAFT AS IT IS A SHARED ITEM AND DUE TO COVID 19- WE CANNOT OFFER SHARED ITEMS FOR GENERAL USE.
THIS YEAR DUE TO COVID 19- WE ARE NOT PERMITTING ANY SHARED MATABANICK PROPERTY ITEMS SUCH AS : LIFEJACKETS, BEACH TOYS, KAYAKS ,CANOES , PADDLES, OR PADDLE BOATS, KIDS SLIDE OR KIDS PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT ---THEY HAVE BE STORED FOR THE SEASON .
All children MUST be accompanied and supervised by their parents at all times anywhere on the property, but especially on the beach, and anywhere near the water. There is no Lifeguard.